Thursday 1 April 2010

Final Pages

These are my final pages...

Front Page


I think this shows the ideology that a normal 9-14year old girl magazine holds. It is colourful with clashing colours that I found from research work best. Also I found using a close up shot gave the maximum effect and attracts my audience in a better way. My front page consists of mainly head shots however there is a mid shot of a guitarist. It would be a full length is it was in front of the main image. Everybody of my front cover is smiling so it welcomes the reader in.

Contents Page

 

My contents page has only used a selection of colours; blue, pink, black, white and orange. I found that this worked best whilst researching.  I not only used images of people, but also of objects because at 9-14 years, girls are very materialistic so are also looking for things they can get. The images give an insight to the stories and context of the magazine, if there is something that catches their eye, they can go straight to the page number. I used pages from other magazines to get the general idea of the stories and things my audience are interested in. I changed some story names to fit the concept of my magazine. I noticed many magazines have a subscription at the bottom of their contents page and also give away free gifts, I put them both together so my audience would subscribe if they saw the gift that they could get, for free!

Double Page Spread


My double page spread follows in the footsteps of others by using only a main colour (purple) plus black and white. I used a quote and main image of the interviewee also images of her private life on the side to illustrate the interview. I have based the interview on the singer's new single which has been advertised at the bottom for people who are interested because the interview is for her to gain more fans and to have more publicity. I have shown a variety of shots in this spread, a head shot, a full body shot and a 4 person shot. I included a variety of mise en scenes too because if I had only chosen one, it would have been boring and not have shown her full life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment